Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let Your Body Do the Talking

- Wilma Grobbelaar -

On the afternoon of Tuesday, 9 September, I set off for four days in Prince Albert to do advanced BodyTalk sessions and teach the one-day Access programme.

Shortly after leaving Touws River behind me, my senses became more aware of the vastness of land and sky with its own beauty and a harshness that can be unforgiving. It took me back to my childhood years in the south-west Free State where I learnt appreciation for space and the acuteness of the elements.
Erica Phaal, BodyTalk Practitioner in Prince Albert, had invited me with such enthusiasm that I could not decline. As I drove into this quaint little town at the foot of the majestic Swartberg I could sense a vibrant energy not to be found in all country towns.

My five days turned out to be filled with things to do, starting with a visit to Lydia’s mineral collection, a drive up the Swartberg with snowflakes falling on my hair, meals at The Lazy Lizard, the Gallery Café and Karoo Kombuis, an evening of music with Penny and of course, Ailsa’s ghost walk and the delights of Gay’s Dairy.

A further surprise awaited me with the wonderful response to my public talks on Wednesday, 10 September – 48 interested people attended them. Thursday and Friday were booked with individual BodyTalk sessions and on Saturday I taught the one day programme to 20 Prince Alberters.

BodyTalk is a highly effective health care system that is safe, non-invasive and requires no diagnosis. BodyTalk restores communication within the body, empowering it to heal and effectively respond to injury and illness.

BodyTalk Access is a selection of five techniques from the BodyTalk System that balance the body in a general way. These easy-to-learn techniques can alleviate the effect of stresses of modern living that play havoc with our health, resulting in illness, emotional pain or just feeling unwell.

All the participants of the course are now well equipped to do these techniques on themselves and on other people. Erica and the group will soon meet to practise on each other and I believe there is a community project in the offing.

At 06h30 on Sunday morning I left Prince Albert knowing that I will return if not to teach, at least to experience the essence of stillness that feeds the soul.

Thank you, Erica, for the invitation - and everyone I met who made me feel so welcome.

No comments: